‘In the Weeds’ Episode 2: Microdosing: Expert Marketing Insight on Marijuana’s Latest Product Trend” By Jessie Burns & Christie Strong
About Jesse Burns
A committed cannabis activist, Jesse is also an experienced marketer. He has worked to build Sweet Grass Kitchen into one of the biggest edibles brands in Colorado.
Sweet Grass Kitchen is a small batch bakery that produces and distributes fresh, cannabis-infused edibles throughout Colorado. Our mission is to provide our community with the most reliable, delicious confections made from high-quality, crop-to-table ingredients.
About Christie Strong
Christie has more than a decade of experience in storytelling, branding and social media. She has a keen design eye and has helped differentiate KIVA Confections in the California marketplace by communicating a message of “well-being.”
KIVA Confections creates cannabis infused confections and is one of the most recognized medical cannabis companies in California.
Director of Marketing for Sweet Grass Kitchen
Director of Marketing for KIVA Confections
Today we yak about questions like:
– Exactly what is a microdose, how is that defined? Isn’t it different in every state?
– What microdosing cannabis products are most popular? Gummies? Candies? Mints?
– What is the target demographic for microdose products? Boomers? Cultural Creatives? Those with edible PTSD?
– What is your feedback so far from customers?
– If you had to give someone listening today one learning to succeed in the cannabis microdosing segment, what would it be?
– Any mistakes our listeners can learn from?
Stay tuned for our next episode of In the Weeds where we’ll talk about double bottom line cannabis brands – brands that make a profit and give back to cannabis activism efforts at the same time. Are these partnerships just astroturfing or are they good for business? We chat with Jesce Horton, founder of the Minority Cannabis Business Association about his recent partnership with leading cannabis brand Marley Naturals.
In the Weeds is Produced By: